Subscribe Feeds

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cochinshooter in Kayaloram

A guest who likes to call himself 'Cochinshooter' stayed with us at the Kayaloram Lake Heritage Resort
in a lake view cottage. This is what he has to say about his experience:

Lake view cottages

"When my college mate from California decided to come to Kerala for Ayurvedic treatment, he was keen on spending time on a houseboat in Alappuzha. I was happy to oblige him. After his treatment was over, I booked him in Kayaloram, a delightful little resort by the side of the Vembanad Lake. The location could not be better, and I highly recommend the lake - side rooms, which come at a higher price. The buildings have that inimitable traditional wooden architecture of Kerala. They arranged a backwater cruise that was excellent, with a sumptuous seafood lunch thrown in on the boat. I was looking forward to the resort's advertised butterfly garden, but was disappointed to learn that a tree that was the main butterfly attractor had died recently. I urged the manager to plant another tree of the same species and he promised to do so. However, the garden still had plenty of butterfly magnets left, as you can see from these photos which I took."




No comments:

Post a Comment